- The UGS, of which we are members, is often involved with activities that go beyond Greek borders and
indeed beyond Shipping. Through the UGS, we have contributed to numerous charities and initiatives.
To name a few:
- Primary school built after the 1986 earthquakes of Kalamata, Peloponnese.
- 107 ambulances and 5 firefighting trucks purchased following the devastating forest fires in almost all of Greece at 2007.
- Supply of food and items of 1st need to the layers of Greek society hit hardest by the economic crisis since 2012.
- Improvement of the infrastructure of Merchant Marine Academies.
- Repair and upgrading of the Hellenic Coast Guard fleet.
- Participation in IMO’s Tsunami Maritime Relief Fund after the quakes of Dec 2004 in S.E. Asia
- We are one of the founding members of the Hellenic Marine Environment Protection Association (Helmepa) since 1982. All our managed vessels are members ever since and our crews participate in Helmepa’s educational program.
- We participated in the Lost Chian Seafarers monument erected in the city of Chios, commemorating all Chian seamen lost in service during the 2nd World War.
- We led the initiative to relieve farmers and beekeepers affected by the great forest fires in Chios in 2012.
- We are founding members of Syn-Enosis, an offspring organization created in 2016 by the UGS to continue its charity activities.